Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Meatball and Vegetable Stew - EASY

I haven't tried this recipe but saw it on the yahoo page from a list of 7 easy dinners or something like that. The recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens and it looked so yummy and so easy. My family does not enjoy soup. I LOVE soup. I will try it out at least once for my sake.

ingredients

* 1 16- to 18-ounce package frozen cooked meatballs
* 1/2 of a 16-ounce package (about 2 cups) loose-pack frozen broccoli, corn, and red sweet peppers, or other mixed vegetables
* 1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, or stewed tomatoes, undrained
* 1 12-ounce jar mushroom gravy
* 1/3 cup water
* 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed

directions

1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker place meatballs and mixed vegetables. In a bowl stir together undrained tomatoes, gravy, water, and basil; pour over meatballs and vegetables in cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Makes 4 servings.
3. For a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker: Double all ingredients. Makes 8 servings.

1 comment:

  1. I made it! And I really liked it. I guess it is called stew and I called it soup - either one. I think it is more a soup. The family - mixed reviews. Claire didn't try it. Evan only ate meatballs and Greg had one helping. So...I don't know. But I do recommend it. Totally easy and it is yummy.

    ReplyDelete