2 large cans of whole, stewed tomatoes
2 cans of diced tomatoes
5-10 basil leaves (FRESH!) - you can add more if you want!
2 tsp sugar
salt/pepper to taste
1/2 stick of unsalted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
Pour the two cans of whole tomatoes in a pot and simmer for about 8-10 minutes. Once they are cooked through, put them in the blender with your basil leaves and puree. Pour back into the pot and add two cans of drained diced tomatoes. (if you don't like chunky soup, omit the diced tomatoes) Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste (I just keep adding bit by bit until I think it tastes good!) Once it's to your taste, melt a half stick of unsalted butter into the mixture and pour the cream in and heat through.
For real, this is the best soup I have ever tasted. It's so delicious and so easy. I can make a huge pot of it in less than 15 minutes and it's a crowd pleaser! And it stores beautifully in the fridge. So got and make it - and sorry about the ambiguous measurements! I'm not a measurer at all. Just a taste and spice kind of girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment