This really should be called Chicken in Alfredo sauce because that's what it is.
I'd forgotten about this recipe and I'm glad I found it. I think almost everyone likes this one.
Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce
makes 4 (1 1/2 cup) servings
1 tablespoon oil
1 lb fresh chicken tenders
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (16 oz) pkg refrigerated fresh broccoli and carrots
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1 (10 oz) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Add vegetables and water; cook 5 - 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cook 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
hints/tips - I'm sure you can see all the many substitutions you can use. I make it with bottled Alfredo sauce. I've never had it with the nuts - my fam are not fans - but I'd love it with nuts in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment